Your privacy is important to us. The following goes over in detail how we approach your data.
This policy explains how we use your data and how we protect your privacy when you use our website or contact us by email or telephone. As our services develop, we will continue to update and review this policy to comply with both the law and customer feedback.
Personal data is data related to a living individual who can be identified from that data. This can also include special categories of personal data (personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, politic opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, and genetic data, biometric data, health data and data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation) and personal data related to criminal convictions and offenses.
Sweat and Tonic, Inc (225 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 1N8) is responsible for your purchases of products and services, and for your participation in certain events and promotions.
We may collect personal identification information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website. Users may be asked for, as appropriate:
– Email address
– Mailing address
– Work address
– Date of birth
– Telephone number
– Credit card information
Users may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, but this may prevent them from engaging in certain website related activities.
We may also collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users’ means of connection to our website, such as operating system and the internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Where we do collect your personal data, this information is required for us to validate who you are, to deal with your queries effectively and to ensure that we can monitor usage of our sites as you register, purchase credits and book services.
If you book in to attend one of our classes or services, we will also collect information relating to your health status and any physical impairments that might impact upon how you can use our services. This is to ensure that we take your health record into account and can enable you to consider whether it is safe for you to attend classes.
CONTACTING US BY TELEPHONE, EMAIL AND TEXT MESSAGE
CONTACTING US BY TELEPHONE
We do not record telephone conversations or phone calls that you make to us. During calls, we may however collect information from you such as, but not limited to:
– Contact details
– Your S&T account email address
We process this information because it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, and to enable us to deliver services to you which you have requested and/or resolve any queries that you may raise when you call.
CONTACTING US BY EMAIL AND TEXT MESSAGE
Our email and/or text message correspondence may be kept as a record of your contact with us, and to enable us to respond to any queries that you may have.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect and process personal information about visitors to our website, clients, customers and users of/visitors to our sites. We do this in order to deliver services to you, deliver merchandise to you when you make a purchase, process payments that you make to Sweat and Tonic and learn how to offer you a better product.
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes, all of which is for our legitimate interest of delivering services and products to you, and/or where it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you:
- To improve customer service – information you provide us helps us respond to your customer service request and support your needs more efficiently
- To personalise the user experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our website.
- To improve our website – We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments – We may use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other feature – To send users information which is relevant to services that they have purchased from us.
- To send periodic emails – We may use the email address to send users information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their enquiries, questions, and/or other requests. We may also send emails to users that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
To find out more about cookies, you can visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
WHO WE SHARE WITH
Like most companies, we do use third party companies to provide some parts of our service. When you are making payments, for example, you will need to give your payment details to our payments provider.
We may also have to disclose your personal details if required by laws.
If we do share your information with other organizations, we will have sharing protocols in place to ensure the organization’s compliance with local data protection laws.
We will not use your personal information for third party marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
We do not sell, trade, or rent users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information (i.e. in an anonymized form) regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
If you wish to see a copy of the personal data we hold about you, ask us at any time and we will respond within the time periods laid down in local data protection laws.
Under certain circumstances, you also have the right to:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Where we process your personal information because we have your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
You can make a request in relation to any of the rights set out here by contacting us at email@example.com.